Doing bigger alt wire in Tacoma?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dakotap
10+ year member

Hey guy's. I have a 99 Toyota Tacoma. I'm putting a 165 amp alternator in it. I was gonna do a 1/0 or 4 ga power wire for the alt but then I noticed something. The positive off the alternator is a 10-12 ga wire that goes to my fuse block for the truck then goes from there with another small wire to the battery. No straight power run. Then there is the other power wire that goes straight to the bottom of the engine of course. But the little wire that is there now can't be changed. It can be changed to the block with some cutting but the other wire to the battery is inside the fuse block somewhere. How do I do the big 3 on this? I was thinking run it like normal then ADD a wire straight from the alternator to the battery. Would this be correct?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.