Does this type of unit exist?

Participant count
  • Participants list

proof

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2008 Chevy Malibu Classic with a stock radio. This radio not only functions for audio but also as my cars information center; it provides tire pressure, average mpg, speed, fuel usage, miles to empty, trip odometers, etc. Is there a head unit available that can tap into this information and display it just as the stock radio would? Can you suggest a few for me? Please forgive my ignorance, I don't know anything about car audio.

I would like something that has Android Auto, Apple Carplay, bluetooth capability, etc. The important thing is that is has the capability to serve as my cars information system as well.

Thanks!

I have a 2008 Chevy Malibu Classic with a stock radio. This radio not only functions for audio but also as my cars information center; it provides tire pressure, average mpg, speed, fuel usage, miles to empty, trip odometers, etc. Is there a head unit available that can tap into this information and display it just as the stock radio would? Can you suggest a few for me? Please forgive my ignorance, I don't know anything about car audio.

I would like something that has Android Auto, Apple Carplay, bluetooth capability, etc. The important thing is that is has the capability to serve as my cars information system as well.

Thanks!
You just pick out the headunit that has all of the features you want then get the imaestro datalink and harnesses. It will retain all of your factory functions and may add a few more cool things depending on year of car and hu capabilities. You can check crutchfield , the website should have information on it.

Edited because of freaking typos lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.