10+ year member

Rock the house.
My 18" Zcon and Two SA8's with custom birch box

for

Two 12" AB XFL's reconed with DD9500 recone kit and soft parts

XFL Motor and basket

9500 Soft parts

He'd also be giving me $100 cash

Edit: So apparently they handle more power than a stock xfl? How does this recone change the subs, better or worse?

and... now I'm hearing DD soft parts ****.

I need 12's and this is the best trade I've come across so far as long as these subs aren't bad and won't fall apart.

any info is appreciated.

I wouldn't give up an 18" Zcon and two SA-8's for for reconed XFLs regardless of recone. Maybe if there was $200 cash and he covered all shipping.
Would be a local deal if that changes anything. I've never had or ran DD stuff before so that's why I was asking. I saw the price of the 9512i and thought a trade might be a good deal. I traded my original xfl 12's for this zcon 18" and got a new ride with no room for an 18... I have like 6.5 cubes to work with or so

An xfl wont touch a 9500i its no where near the same motor
Okay, that helps a lot. Thanks for the info. Is it true the soft parts from DD aren't very good?

Here is a video of the actual woofers in action too...

Since I'm trying to trade my zcon for some 12's what do you think I should be looking into?

The did soft parts are ok. But those subs are at best the same as a dd 3512 maybe Your giving up $800 worth of subs for maybe $500 worth if subs at best. He'd need to divy up at lest $250-$300 for the trade. Just my .02

The did soft parts are ok. But those subs are at best the same as a dd 3512 maybe Your giving up $800 worth of subs for maybe $500 worth if subs at best. He'd need to divy up at lest $250-$300 for the trade. Just my .02
Roger that. I told him I'd have to pass on the trade. Now I'm on the move to find a better deal/trade for a pair of 12's or 15's. Went to my local shop and the guy told me his audiobahn immortals would be lot better sounding and louder than the zcon. He also looked like he'd never seen an amp that does more than 2k when he looked at the guts of my saz3500. He had heard of sundown but never seen it, and had never heard of ssa. I don't plan on buying the immortals although I'm pretty sure they are actually decent woofers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.