Does the sub box really Matter

southport2014
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I was wondering does box size really matter. I have a 18in re mx in a box that came with it because i bought it used . The box is like 7 cubes or so sealed. Recommend is like 3 or 4 sealed. It doesnt sound good at all to me. And doesnt have much punch either. It only has 600 watts to it but my 15 mojo had more kick at 300 watts. Why is this and should i go ported or sealed for this.

10hof9x.jpg

Very simple math - measure inside top depth of angle front then inside btm depth of angle front - subtract top measurement from btm measurement ( example : top 10" deep; btm 13"deep difference is 3" ) now take 10" x width x height= (x) then take 3" x width x height and divide in half and add total to the other total ( the 10" x W x H)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

The correct answer is yes, you want both left and right so you get low end information from both channels. It is very common for recording...
Ill also add that, its nice to have rear fill for passengers and for that surround sound affect, especially for an SUV or a 4 dr vehicle. If the...
Speaker ratings are generally a thermal/mechanical limitation of the drivers. Music is dynamic, not continuous. During quiet periods a song, you...
Thanks everyone for the replies! Like I said in my first post I’m not wanting to be loud, I just would like to have a little extra bass.. I like...
It's always leaned that direction. Not sure how cheap you can really get anything done these days. Deadening and custom mounting...

About this thread

southport2014

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
southport2014
Indianapolis, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date