Does the port have to share the same face as woofer?

Villainstone
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Just wondering if the port and woofer need to be on the same face. I have seen designs were they werent but I have read that they should be (something about phase). Wjat are the pros and cons of each? I am thinking about making my port external. I have lots of design ideas bt not sure what are good and are not. My trunk is akward because its a hatch back. So I am tossing some things out there.

I have a 03 Tiburon GT. Its a hatchback type car but the hatch opens up not out like the Caliber if that makes sense lol. For my car I figured it would be best to have the post and sub on the same plane.

If you truly want the best output for your vehicle, the only solution is testing, testing, and more testing. Build cheap boxes from inexpensive wood - when you find what works best for your application, build your final enclosure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ok another question... Can I have a port outside of the box? I obviously am limited on trunk space. So what I was thinking is build my box to 2.5ft^3 and have the port run externally up the side of the box. Would I experience any issues with this design? It would also please me cosmetically as I can make the box symetrical like the way I wanted. Thanks again guys.

Thanks Buck still helping me lol. I would have just asked you but I didnt want to keep bugging you lol. Ill post the design I had in mind later tonight. Im at school right now.

Ok tonight I will send you an email explaining my akward situation and why I cnt just make a simple plain ol traditional slot port box. Thanks again Buck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.