does the output volage of a seperate eq clip at max volume like a headunit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

phemps
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
PA
I have a question about having a seperate eq hopefully it is not too dumb ha. ok ive always kept my headunit at around 3/4 power as to not clip output voltage of the signal. now if my eq has 7v output and i keep my headunit at 3/4, and im setting amplifier senstivity to match my eq, do i have to worry about my eq output signal clipping? say i keep my subwoofer level and volume at max on my eq while setting my gains so that i have the option to turn my eq up all the way to be at maximum output voltage of my amplifiers, should the eq volume not be turned up past 3/4 like the headunit?

any input would be appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

The correct answer is yes, you want both left and right so you get low end information from both channels. It is very common for recording...
Most new radios have that feature. Just check that they have 4 RCA outputs. Those are line output. If it only has 2 RCA outputs, make sure they...
Ill also add that, its nice to have rear fill for passengers and for that surround sound affect, especially for an SUV or a 4 dr vehicle. If the...
Speaker ratings are generally a thermal/mechanical limitation of the drivers. Music is dynamic, not continuous. During quiet periods a song, you...
Thanks everyone for the replies! Like I said in my first post I’m not wanting to be loud, I just would like to have a little extra bass.. I like...

About this thread

phemps

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
phemps
PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date