Does splitting rcas make you lose SQ

jj4475
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ill
My father hasn't had a proper stereo in his car for a good 10 years. Well I got him a couple pair of Pioneers premier speakers and a 5 channel amp. I plan to ad a very small box with a 10". But he insists on keeping his current cd player. It only has 1 rca ouput and the amp wants 3 inputs. F R and Sub. So was wondering if I split this rca output a few times, is that bad news? Or should I just go ahead and buy him and HU and just put it in there when hes not around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif. I got a couple weeks to come up with a plan. Thanks

Oh no he I think its only 2v outputs to begin with lol... Ill check them out. Thanks

it seems to me it would reduce the rca voltage so it would make the sq not as good. use a line driver not a splitter
this.. there is only so much signal to begin with.. a Y splitter doesn't magically increase the signal so you will lose it with out a line driver of sorts.. I would suggest and eq/line driver.. get the best of both worlds..

Id buy a better HU.

All a line driver will do is increase a crappy signal and make it worse.

Using Y Splitters he loses his left/right fade and front/back fade depending on how you set them up.

The input impedance of a typical amp is so high that it's no load at all. You'll only lose millivolts. However you lose front/rear fade. Consider not amping the rear speakers and/or using high level inputs off the rears for subs. Works fine.

My father hasn't had a proper stereo in his car for a good 10 years. Well I got him a couple pair of Pioneers premier speakers and a 5 channel amp. I plan to ad a very small box with a 10". But he insists on keeping his current cd player. It only has 1 rca ouput and the amp wants 3 inputs. F R and Sub. So was wondering if I split this rca output a few times, is that bad news? Or should I just go ahead and buy him and HU and just put it in there when hes not around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif. I got a couple weeks to come up with a plan. Thanks

as in the old school premiers???

btw the higher vOlathe is just harder to induce noise..1 volt sounds as god as 10volt as long as there is no noise..
ya in a car environment noise is never there though right..? either way being able to keep the gain down on the amp will help reduce noise

it's a parallel circuit voltage is maintain but current is reduced..you will get 2v across the board but the actual output of the signal is divided..
This. The current is cut in half. That would lower the power the RCAs carry, making it more possible to induce noise into the system. If it's split right at the amp, it'll be fine.

Ok. Thanks alot guys. There just the D-Series speakers. Dont think there old school but they look nice. I got from a local audio shop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.