does my HU have enough power?

well the concept 5.25's worked great with just my HU, but maybe 6x8's are a different story, or maybe they would have sounded even better with an amp, but I thought they sounded much better than the factory speakers that they replaced in my old car. I'll put those in the rear doors and see how they sound as soon as I get some baffles.
I guess I have three options here.

1) get some speakers and try them with just the HU and see if they provide the desired results

2) just chill out and be content with the factory speakers (they actually sound pretty good to my inexperienced ears)

3) **** it up and get an amp and some nice 6x8's

option #2 is no fun so I can't do that.

I guess I'll go with option 1) and then I can still upgrade to option 3) later right?

so right now, I have a power acoustik bamf 800/2 amp that is powering my 2 polk ex-10 subs.

what kind of amp should I get for my other speakers...the cheaper the better...used is ok. or should I just use my current amp to power my speakers and get a new amp to power my subs?

how difficult is the installation of a component amp?
Since you have power wire, remote and a ground....the only things to do when adding a second amp will be a second rca run and a distribution block for the power wire as well as speaker wire running from the new amp up to the doors.

for me,

the hardest part is to wire the speaker wires to the doors without any damage to the doors... the proper way is to pass the cable through the cable boot ... but it wasn't easy ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.