Does it matter if these tweets are flush mounted or not as far as how it will sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

nyg052003

Senior VIP Member
Just wondering. As I last year was looking at tweeter mounting ideas in case the new set I end up buying ( Polk db 6501 component set) didn't have the necessary hardware brackets, I noticed that this one guy made a bracket out of vinyl siding or a gasket making material. Now that I have mounted mine and just started with the complete installation, I revisited the link I had saved to reference when I did start my new system. I'm wondering why he chose to make a bracket and I'm thinking that even if you just buy a set of tweeters, they should come with the housing for the tweeter. The one that you secure with a screw and push the tweeter into that plastic housing. Now in that case , as in mine, the tweeter will be recessed instead of flushed so I'm wondering if there will be any difference in sound or quality or what have you between recessed and flush?

Pics below. The 2nd is my new set intalled and the 1st is the other guy's. Notice how his will be flush and mine is recessed. There is another cover that goes over where my tweeter is mounted now and that will make it recessed. Also is the mach grill that fits over that other cover. Just wanting to know you guys thoughts on recessed vs flush

Flush is just for looks. Makes the install look cleaner. has no effect on performance.
well they are already mounted and the grill is going to cover it anyway so i will leave it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.