Does anyone use tuning/sound quality cd's?

axeten
10+ year member

Years ago my brother used an IASCA cd that had noisless tracks (to test for signal noise), songs and frequency tracks for SPL and other cool stuff.

Do people still use these? Can you use them to help tune your EQ and rid the system of any overpowering frequencies? If so what are some good ones?

I tried a search but "cd" cant be searched for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I use 50hz and 1khz sine waves to set gains with my DMM , never used a specific cd to dial in the eq/tone though. Usually use eagles hotel california or whitesnake still of the night (if you can get this whole song to sound perfect then you got it dialed in really good).

I use 50hz and 1khz sine waves to set gains with my DMM , never used a specific cd to dial in the eq/tone though. Usually use eagles hotel california or whitesnake still of the night (if you can get this whole song to sound perfect then you got it dialed in really good).
Where did you get your DMM? how much are they? are they worth it?

You need a cd like the Focal #2 that has an array of test tones in orde to see where you're peaking at and try to kill those peaks. It makes it really easy with my 8053 since it has every frequency on the Focal disc from 63hz and up, so I just scan from track to track in quick succession so it's easy to tell where you're too loud at, then just use the EQ to choose that frequcny and cut it as much as needed to smooth out the response.

The CD also has a ton of other tracks to help with voices(male/female/child/group), left and right imaging, tons of instruments...just a whole bunch of shit.

I just changed my crossover points and slopes the other day to try something new, and thank goodness I still had my Focal Tools disc to help eq everything again.

Where did you get your DMM? how much are they? are they worth it?
I got mine from walmart for 20 bucks , i do not recommend one of those though. They are really inaccurate , POS says my wall socket is putting out 175 volts. LOL

FLUKE makes really nice meters though.

I mostly only use phase/polarity tracks.
Same here because I only use the sound quality discs for their testing features. I prefer to tune to the music I listen to versus tuning to ess que sonic bliss tunes that will rarely, if ever, get any play time in my vehicle.

About the only use I find for those sound quality discs is that they will let me know if something is way out of whack with the settings extremely quick. Other than that, I'd rarely listen to anything on the Focal discs because most of their stuff just isn't my cup of tea.

Same here because I only use the sound quality discs for their testing features. I prefer to tune to the music I listen to versus tuning to ess que sonic bliss tunes that will rarely, if ever, get any play time in my vehicle.
About the only use I find for those sound quality discs is that they will let me know if something is way out of whack with the settings extremely quick. Other than that, I'd rarely listen to anything on the Focal discs because most of their stuff just isn't my cup of tea.
I love Boxenkiller on Focal disc #4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.