Does anyone know JGarrett on DIYMobileAudio or GMC Truck Man on SoundDomain?

freeride1685
10+ year member

Teh Exp3rt Kn0b Tw1ddl3Rz
His name on the SoundDomain forum was GMC Truck Man. He got kicked off the forum about a week or two ago, i think for mouthing off to a moderator. this transpired midway through a deal i was working with him to sell two sets of Boston Pro60s and a Boston G5 12" sub. he contacted me at DIYMobileAudio under the name JGarrett and we continued talks.

based on his decent positive feedback, 1,500+ posts and lengthy membership on the SoundDomain forum, i sent out the products before he sent money. money was pending a ups tracking number. it was a really dumb decision, and i will not do it this way again...regardless, i don't want this to be a $1000 lesson well learned.

i sent out the tracking number on Thanksgiving right after the package shipped. he told me that morning (before i shipped) that he was going away over the course of the holiday but would be back the following tuesday. well its been more than 2 weeks since i have spoken to this individual.

if anyone personally knows this individual then that is best. If anyone has dealt with them in the past then that is great as well. If anybody knows specifically how to get in touch with them then that is awesome. something needs to start moving very soon as i am letting go of my optimism more and more each day.

As i dig further, whitepages shows that there is a human in Winter Garden, FL named J. Garrett, who lives about 5 minutes down the road from the address in Winter Garden to which i shipped...that address belonging to a Mr. Jeffrey Dodds. in this individual's defense, he could have had me send the equipment to a friend's house because he was going away, or maybe because he is young enough that he did not want his parents to see that he just dropped a grand on car audio stuff. I, and probably many other younger members have done this before.

The shitty thing is that the phone number for the address that i shipped to is disconnected and the other number associated with the name J. Garrett seems to belong to an old woman. I have saved all correspondence, except what got deleted at SoundDomain when he got booted (which pisses me off since they were my PMs too, dammit!!). I plan on notifying the local police and giving them all the information i have. Obviously anything that any of you know will benefit me tremendously as well.

Merry ****ing Christmas, i need that money. there is a lot banking on these funds. any information is appreciated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

if you have no direct info about him, such as phone number .... or had an item show up at your door with an address it came from...your screwed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

you got screwed, next time get more info on the person you are selling to and don't ever ship before getting paid. I know a lot of people ask for it due to some now having much feedback but I would never personally do it EVER.

Yea, that's rough. Go down to the address and track him down. Bring a few buddies down, beat him up, take his driver's license and threaten to go lumberjack on his family tree unless he coughs up all the money he owes you + the hotel stay + the airfare you incurred to get there.

This is probably not a healthy reaction but at least I got my monies back and then some when a guy tried to scam me.

PS: Don't ever send anybody anything without money or escrow first.

thanks for the feedback...and no, he doesnt have a name here, but i figured maybe someone was familiar as he seems to have been in the hobby for awhile and probably still is. anyone who is familiar with people from the central FL area would be appreciated for their info

wow, that *****. right before xmas to. hope everything eventually works out for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

freeride1685

10+ year member
Teh Exp3rt Kn0b Tw1ddl3Rz
freeride1685
Florence, MA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies