Does anyone know how to calculate capacitor's efficiency?

Calculation:
cN = # of capcitors

D = Distance from you to trash can in yards

T = # of trys you took to swoosh

S = Your skill level on a scale of 1 - 10

(cN + D) / S = T

Please note, this formula may be flawed and is for entertainment purposes only
good one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ESR doesn't have anything to do with the "speed" a cap and deliver current. What is does affect is the amount of voltage that hte cap dumps when trying to deliver a decent amount of current. With a battery, the ESR is largely accounted for in the design of the battery. Also factor in the relative capacity of the two types of devices and the cap quickly shows why it is useless (yes, I said USELESS) as a current delivery device. Do the big 3. Get a good battery.
o shiz your right esr is not the correct term, um id otn remember what it is currently ill get back to you, but i would not say they are completely useless but then again there is not sense in arguing as this is a never ending argument so im going to end mine here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Everyone here needs to learn how to read. The OP specifically ask how to calculate a capacitors efficiency, not your opinion on whether capacitors work. I'm sure there is someone smart enough to tell us.

Thanks for the input everyone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'll do more search on better battery...

ESR has a lot to do with the efficiency of a cap. So does the amount of current that you try to draw from it. Trying to draw a lot of current from it decreases its efficiency proportional to the current and the ESR. The fact that its efficiency decreases with a larger current is one of the main reasons that they don't do anything for your electrical system except waste power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.