Does anyone besides Mmats repair their amps anymore?

mat3833

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Mar 12, 2008
florida
I've got a D2100.2 with a few blown diodes on the input feedback protection loop. There may be something else wrong, but I haven't jumped in any further than that.

All of the repair companies I've contacted won't repair Mmats amps for one reason or another. Mmats wants a flat fee of 225 plus shipping and have ZERO warranty on the repair of any components that may fail after the fix. I'm sure they will look everything over and do a good job replacing bad or questionable components, but Im wondering if any "third party" repair places are working on Mmats amps so I can possibly save a bit of coin and maybe even get some kind of warranty.

Matt

huberoy123

Nov 6, 2013
Delaware
You have to decide if it's worth the cost to have it repaired by Mmat, compared to purchasing another unit. If Mmat wants that amount of money to repair, we can only imagine what other repair shops will charge if they decide to take on the task.
Any special reason, you are holding on to this unit?

Reactions: 2pac

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Hit these guys up. I know Shane is always backed up but Mark should be able to get you right.

mat3833

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Mar 12, 2008
florida
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You have to decide if it's worth the cost to have it repaired by Mmat, compared to purchasing another unit. If Mmat wants that amount of money to repair, we can only imagine what other repair shops will charge if they decide to take on the task.
Any special reason, you are holding on to this unit?

Well a new good sounding 2000w amp that runs efficient is alot more expensive than the fee Mmats charges. To "replace" the amp with a newer model would be around $800. Now I could just go get a taramps 3k for $280, but I've had this amp for awhile and i can't help but love it.

Reactions: huberoy123

mat3833

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Mar 12, 2008
florida
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hit these guys up. I know Shane is always backed up but Mark should be able to get you right.

Thanks, I'll give them a shout and see what they say.

Matt

Reactions: Popwarhomie

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds