Does anyone besides Mmats repair their amps anymore?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mat3833
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
florida
I've got a D2100.2 with a few blown diodes on the input feedback protection loop. There may be something else wrong, but I haven't jumped in any further than that.

All of the repair companies I've contacted won't repair Mmats amps for one reason or another. Mmats wants a flat fee of 225 plus shipping and have ZERO warranty on the repair of any components that may fail after the fix. I'm sure they will look everything over and do a good job replacing bad or questionable components, but Im wondering if any "third party" repair places are working on Mmats amps so I can possibly save a bit of coin and maybe even get some kind of warranty.

Matt

You have to decide if it's worth the cost to have it repaired by Mmat, compared to purchasing another unit. If Mmat wants that amount of money to repair, we can only imagine what other repair shops will charge if they decide to take on the task.
Any special reason, you are holding on to this unit?

Hit these guys up. I know Shane is always backed up but Mark should be able to get you right.

You have to decide if it's worth the cost to have it repaired by Mmat, compared to purchasing another unit. If Mmat wants that amount of money to repair, we can only imagine what other repair shops will charge if they decide to take on the task.
Any special reason, you are holding on to this unit?

Well a new good sounding 2000w amp that runs efficient is alot more expensive than the fee Mmats charges. To "replace" the amp with a newer model would be around $800. Now I could just go get a taramps 3k for $280, but I've had this amp for awhile and i can't help but love it.

Hit these guys up. I know Shane is always backed up but Mark should be able to get you right.

Thanks, I'll give them a shout and see what they say.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.