Do you "feel" bass more with a sealed box?

I like that answer, I currently have 3 12"s on a little over 1k, in general i'm referring to things shaking in the car/flex etc, because I do enjoy watching my car suffer from bass too lol. It's an old car so I'm making the most of it, I wont be putting a system like in this when I buy a new car a couple of years from now.
If you want your car to move a lot, you need more output

I've had lots of sealed setups and they don't compare to any of the ported setups I had. If you wanna feel the bass, get a loud ported setup. If your box is built right, you'll still hit he low notes and the higher bass notes.

I like that answer, I currently have 3 12"s on a little over 1k, in general i'm referring to things shaking in the car/flex etc, because I do enjoy watching my car suffer from bass too lol. It's an old car so I'm making the most of it, I wont be putting a system like in this when I buy a new car a couple of years from now.
I'm running an 8k sub stage. Trust me, I know about the vehicle suffering. Thing is, it will knock you in the mid 40s way harder than any capacity of sealed box that isn't a monster 1000sq. in. cone area build. Just ask the guy I quoted below, he's got my old subs tuned way low and they still knock your head off in the 40s.

If you want your car to move a lot, you need more output
I've had lots of sealed setups and they don't compare to any of the ported setups I had. If you wanna feel the bass, get a loud ported setup. If your box is built right, you'll still hit he low notes and the higher bass notes.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif You run Kicker and I run RF what would we know:up2somet:

I'm running an 8k sub stage. Trust me, I know about the vehicle suffering. Thing is, it will knock you in the mid 40s way harder than any capacity of sealed box that isn't a monster 1000sq. in. cone area build. Just ask the guy I quoted below, he's got my old subs tuned way low and they still knock your head off in the 40s.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif You run Kicker and I run RF what would we know:up2somet:
Yep he speaks the truth; I'm tuned at 34 hz and can still shake my car with a 23 hz bassline, and also rock your head with a 40 to 50 hz tone, it's all in the box. Get a properly built ported box and you'll have the best of both worlds

But since I run kicker, disregard this statement cause I don't know anything

lulz. downsize NOT downgrade... Guy still won't reply back to demo that 155 pro box machine.
Lol maybe he realizes he's not as loud as he thought he was, he said for me to find a setup louder than his for less than $1000

My box + amp + subs + wall + ductape = less than $1000 lol

Lol maybe he realizes he's not as loud as he thought he was, he said for me to find a setup louder than his for less than $1000
My box + amp + subs + wall + ductape = less than $1000 lol
Did you tell him you were louder for less than $1k? I know another guy w/ L7s that is louder in town and he spent $800 total.

Did you tell him you were louder for less than $1k? I know another guy w/ L7s that is louder in town and he spent $800 total.
Yeah I told him I had spent less than $1000, but I think he was talking just subs + box alone. He said he paid $400 for that prefab box; didn't even pay that much for my custom box + the gas it took to get down there and back.

Yeah I told him I had spent less than $1000, but I think he was talking just subs + box alone. He said he paid $400 for that prefab box; didn't even pay that much for my custom box + the gas it took to get down there and back.
Someone did give you a heck of a deal on the Solo Xs, though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.