Do you prefer to tweek your EQ or leave it flat

How do you like your EQ?

• Tweaker

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Flat

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
yeah IDK i've ony ever mest with it with crap systems, decent systems always sound really nice flat to me I always figured that was because the speakers were better at playing a flat response, outside of that in a good system I usually just match levels until its all even and leave the EQ flat. Seems to be a lot of people that like tweakin though so I'm gonna start getting insane and spending time tuning my EQ I guess.

People elaborate more on this please? I know it sends clipping signals. But I do keep mine on low. I have a pioneer avh-4200dvd
I don't think it necessarily matters for loudness. Essentially, it boosts the bass and treble when listening to music at lower volumes. At higher volumes, it should have no effect. The effect it has at higher volumes will depend on the quality of your HU and the way you've set your gains. Your Pioneer, I believe, has a maximum volume of 62, like most Pioneers. Good Pioneer HUs will maintain an unclipped signal at the preouts up to 60. The last two notches give you a little extra punch, but that punch is clipped. I'd imagine if you had the gain set properly with the HU maxing at 60, you should have little to no effect from the loudness feature at that volume. If you set the gain on your amplifiers at a lower volume on the HU, the loudness will have more of an effect on the sound quality. Generally, most people don't recommend using the loudness feature. I don't use it on my 800PRS. I've played around with it, but I keep it off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

i2ain2thunder

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
i2ain2thunder
st paul, mn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies