Do you prefer to tweek your EQ or leave it flat

How do you like your EQ?

• Tweaker

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Flat

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
I leave mine (3200dvd 8band) for the most part flat. One of these days i might fiddle with it but i'm not nearly as big of a tweaker as when I was younger.

bcuz it comes with the HU? duh, but yeah i been thinking bout tweeking it is all...i can't seem to get it to sound better than flat though so I was kinda getting a feel for how other dudes roll.

At lower volumes sometimes some of the factory presets sound better than flat because they emphasize the bass. Since I usually don't listen at lower volumes and sometimes run my fronts full range, I run with my EQ flat 99% of the time. I'm trying to get a decent USB mic to use my RTA software to try and get a better response curve, but for now, flat is good enough.

Most of the time I can't even here my mids very well, just my bass. Equalizing is one of the last things on my list.
your doing it wrong then.. I understand at full tilt but at listening levels you should be able to hear em.. if not then you might as well go the cheap route and get pro audio since you won't need the mid range..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

i2ain2thunder

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
i2ain2thunder
st paul, mn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies