Do U All Do Your Own Installs??

It really isn't hard. Just look at the internal measurements. LxWxH. one subic foot equals 12x12x12=1728. Just do the math and you will be set. If you screw it up just fix where you messed up. This will save you the money of taking it in and having it done. And "mesh stuff" I am guessing you are talking about polly fill. Yes you can buy it and it is pretty cheep. And it even comes with instructions. If you build the box be sure to use 3/4 inch MDF medium density fiber-board. and get some silicone and some nails and give it a try. Post your dimentions and we will double check your work for you. Go for it/

id definetly agree its worth at least trying u cant lose more than 30$ if you really cant do it, but im willing to bet you can. one thing though i wouldnt use nails, drywall screws at least 1 1/2 inch long coarse thread work well. Goodluck

i do all my stuff;

suede14.jpg

its not as hard as you think.

/off topic

strecker, where in rochester do you live? do you go to RIT or UoR?

building boxes can be a bit tedious, but with practice or a lil' help you can get by- if you are off a lil bit, thats what screws, glue and silicone are for- mdf is a lil' forgiving as well when its time to put it all together

I actually spent more in supplies to build my sealed box than what it would have cost me to get a sealed prefab- then again It was made with my hands, I used laminate for the front, used the carpet of choice(to match my trunk) , cascade sound deadning all inside and its down to the hundreth of intenal volume I wanted my subs in- I say give it a shot

How can we, being perfect strangers, give you advice on your own abilities? You are asking strangers over the internet if you are capable of measuring, cutting and gluing wood. You should have some idea if its within your abilities to at least try.

its a good feeling to know that you did your own shiz and if you mess it up at least you learned a thing or two-- next step building your own house.

Do U All Do Your Own Installs??
do you's all build ur own sub boxes?? and buy that mesh stuff n everything? im scared ov building my own box n stuff cuz im scared 2 stuff it up cuz im not good with measurements.. should i just pay sum ******* at a shop 2 do it 4 me?
First thing would be learning how to spell.

yes, i do my own installs.

i do all of my own work, sometimes i get my friends to lend a hand. Its not really that difficult, just takes a little practice.

so far I have mainly built wood boxes. I'm practicing the fiberglass side of things. Slowly catching on.

and believe me, if my stupid ass can get it, anyone can..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.