Do they make a single JL 10w3 loaded enclosure?

Participant count
  • Participant list
This is my first post, so forgive my noob.

I just ordered a JL 10w3v3 from my local shop to replace my lackluster Kicker Comp VR (yeah I know I'm overpaying, but I like the shop).

I have a pretty beat up prefab single 10" sealed enclosure that I presume I will probably have to change to get the most out of the JL. I will be powering it with an MTX Jackhammer JH600 (600 watts RMS at 2 ohms).

They originally gave me the 4 ohm version of the JL on accident, and now they're waiting for the 2 ohm version to come in, but my question is, is there a loaded enclosure from JL for this sub I can get instead? I haven't been able to find one. If not, can someone direct me to how I should go about getting the right enclosure for it? Again, I'm a noob, and all I really know is I prefer sealed for the SQ, as I care a lot more about that than how loud and annoying I can be.

Any help is appreciated!

P.S. I listen to pretty much everything but country, but I lean more toward rock and blues.

im pretty sure JL makes a powerwedge box for the W3 in single version. but honestly you would be better off seeing how much the shop would charge you to build a box for you. OR you can ask around here and get some help designing a box.

Matt

im pretty sure JL makes a powerwedge box for the W3 in single version. but honestly you would be better off seeing how much the shop would charge you to build a box for you. OR you can ask around here and get some help designing a box.
Matt
QFT. Build your own box. Many members can help out on plans. If you need a basic ported design PM me and I can give you a quick design with cut sheets.

id say they are good for at least 600W each, and thats a very conservative estimate. just make sure its clean power.
Matt
the warranty is void with anything over 500rms look at thier website they can do 500 but they rate that at the thresh hold of max rms power just sayin

this is true, but i put almost 750W to a W0 and and JL sent me a replacment even after i told them what i did. lol, the W0 lived on ~400W for about 3 months and then i got my new amp and pushed it 700-750W for about a month and a half before the tinsel leads broke. but i do agree, run 400-500W and enjoy it.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.