Do the Alpine CDA-985x HUs offer Time Alignment like Eclipse HUs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

yacoub
10+ year member

US
Time Alignment/Adjustment and a multi-band EQ are two things I'd like in the HU I buy. Another thing is a high quality DAC. It seems like DACs are either 1bit or 24bit. Not sure why the jump without intermediaries...

Older Alpines like the 9853 have a 5-band EQ but newer ones don't. I don't think any Alpines can adjust speaker timing so the sound reaches your ears at the same time like some Eclipse HUs can.

Also more Eclipse HUs have a 24bit DAC while most Alpines just have a 1bit DAC. I don't understand why. A couple highest end Alpines offer 24bit DAC but you have to get all sorts of DVD functionality and stuff just to get that.

That said, the Alpine HUs seem to look better asthetically but that's sorta secondary.

I wonder if the Eclipse HUs have as good quality output as the Alpines are known for. Hard to decide w/o being able to test the Eclipse since Tweeter doesn't carry them.

Any input?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.