Do speakers just.......

unard
10+ year member

florida
Do speakers just stop working?

i have an in home system and i hooked a box up to the tv i the front room through a stereo and i played fine. then i hooked it back up to the system in my room and its not making any sound at all. i hook a different speaker up to the same connection and it played. i am pissed.....i dont have anything to replace it and i dont want to buy anymore.

Even though this thread has nothing to so with car audio it is audio so I guess i'll try and answer your ?. Yes a speaker can just quit working, but usually not without being helped in someway such as overpowering it, etc etc. Is it possible that the reciever you had it hooked to before it quit working could have overpowered it? If so then that would be my guess if you played it loud. Otherwise im stumped unless the tensil leads are broke somewhere and that can be caused by alot of things.

Originally posted by bass_mekanik th ecrunching sound is usualy the coil rubbing on the magnet or dirt in the gap
or VC winding rubbing around in the gap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

i got a k here the other day....kid played volume master with it - it was completely gone of glue (glue is now inside of the motor) and the former was beat all to hell. he said "man these things ****, i want my money back....i have a 3 year warranty"

i showed him the return policy "we do not cover burnt, broken, or damaged voice coils" (something like that anyways)

lol...crazy kids:rolleyes:

Originally posted by NDMstang65 or VC winding rubbing around in the gap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

i got a k here the other day....kid played volume master with it - it was completely gone of glue (glue is now inside of the motor) and the former was beat all to hell. he said "man these things ****, i want my money back....i have a 3 year warranty"

i showed him the return policy "we do not cover burnt, broken, or damaged voice coils" (something like that anyways)

lol...crazy kids:rolleyes:
lol what a dumbass....you would think that people that order Ks would have the more sense than the ones that have sonys.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.