Do Kenwoods break alot?

I dont think anty fo them are. I have had a regular kenwood and 2 excelons all of them were flip face. I had the regular kenwood until I traded it and one excelon broke but after 3-4 years when it was time to upgrade anyways but the new ones are just detachable face so it dont matter

i have only known of one breaking. something with the internal amp went crazy.
Mine didnt flip all the way after a while and then cut out all the way I have heard on the flip face that the cable sometimes gets pinched

Mine didnt flip all the way after a while and then cut out all the way I have heard on the flip face that the cable sometimes gets pinched
when i pulled this one out of the dash to check all the wiring it was so hot that i couldnt hold onto it. we were behind a car audio shop of my buddies that is right on the water and the deck was ****ing up and not warrentied so i taught it how to swim.

The 4028 is an excellent HU, I have personnal experience with it and I think it offers quite a bit features for the money.

The face on that one is a mechanical flip down so you will never need to worry about a data cable screwing up.

Built in front/rear Xovers, three 4volt outputs, remote, ajustable EQ and all sound shaping features are accessible through the easy to use volume knob(sub volume, fade, balance, EQ settings, front/rear/sub Xover).

Its a good deck, you won't regret buying it.

Kenwoods last year models with the motorized flip face were found to be troublesome so the company did away with them entirely.

I'll ask my buddy next time I talk to him ... He just became a Kenwood eXcelon dealer, so he probably has all the data (I'm assuming he actually did his homework this time after the whole Massive Audio situation of years past) ...
An eXcelon is welcome in my car ... I'll be glad to get rid of my Alpine, which I hate with a fiery passion ...
When I went to a Kenwood dealer seminar they claimed a .5% failure rate for all their products combined, I don't know if its gospel truth but from what I've seen they do have a very low rate of failure (except the older flip face models).

I loved mine... I had it for 2 years and never really had a problem with it... it was great... and it had a flip face... and actually... even after it was half way stolen and pulled out of the dash... it still plays... so i would have to say it really wasnt that fragile. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i used to own one of the first kenwood mask flip face units back in like 1998 and never had a single problem with it for the 3yrs that i owned it. ended up selling it to a friend which still has it and is still working like a champ but has so much wear that you can't tell what any of the buttons say...lol. i also just bought a xxv-05v about 3-4months ago and its been working flawlessly. ...my $.02

The 4028 is an excellent HU, I have personnal experience with it and I think it offers quite a bit features for the money.The face on that one is a mechanical flip down so you will never need to worry about a data cable screwing up.

Built in front/rear Xovers, three 4volt outputs, remote, ajustable EQ and all sound shaping features are accessible through the easy to use volume knob(sub volume, fade, balance, EQ settings, front/rear/sub Xover).

Its a good deck, you won't regret buying it.

Kenwoods last year models with the motorized flip face were found to be troublesome so the company did away with them entirely.
I know motorized flip is when the entire face moves and is connected to little arms that shift it downward and tilt it, but what exactly is mechanical flip, and how is it different?

HAHA, Massive Fiasco, local dealer.... ROFL.... (sorry guys local joke, nothing Marathon, Massive or any other line from those guys will I ever sell)Kenwood does not have a .5% failure rate, it is far higher than that. This does not mean that the line is bad by any means though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.