Do it myself

janiter

Is it realistic for me to think that I could install a new deck, speakers, amplifier, and a couple subs with their box by myself? I'm pretty new to car audio but I would be reading online tutorials and what not...or do you think i'm just in way over my head?

if your the kind of guy that changes your own oil. id say you rnt to bad off. im at the end of my car audio journey. and soon i will see the light. your journey is starting now. good luck my friend.

if the tard I bought my tacoma off of could figure out how to remove the rear seat, you can. Hooking up an amp is a pretty simple with an infinite amount of documentation on the net.

If you take good advice for what it is and don't argue with the people helping you like a bunch of people on here, it's not hard to set stuff up.

there's a learning curve, but once you've done a couple installs you can get pretty decent at it.

as long as you know how to use tools and take your time you should be ok. ive installed everything myself( except for the alarm the first time) and with a little googling you can find all the info you need.

Is it realistic for me to think that I could install a new deck, speakers, amplifier, and a couple subs with their box by myself? I'm pretty new to car audio but I would be reading online tutorials and what not...or do you think i'm just in way over my head?
or you could just hit me up, Im sure I could help you out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

well, thanks guys, I think I'm gonna try this and see how it goes...it'll save me alot of moolla if i'm successfull. I'll likely get back once I've found/orders all my stuff, haha

if you dont like searching and want a book there are 2 oldies that cover the basics well. The car stereo cook book and Auto Radio: Choosing, Installing, Maintaining and Repairing Car Stereo Systems. Much of the equipment and such are outdated but the basics are covered good. I have the cscb somewhere.

If you take good advice for what it is and don't argue with the people helping you like a bunch of people on here, it's not hard to set stuff up.
there's a learning curve, but once you've done a couple installs you can get pretty decent at it.
been about 5 years since this site has seen good advice anywhere near car audio related applications!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

janiter

janiter
Huntsville, AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
AlterEgo99