Do I have enoug juice?

Man, I think I just found out what it is. My ground wire is way too long. The Mmatts amp takes two grounds. The grounds are ran to a distribution block that is about 2.5-3 feet away mounted on another speaker box. I'm gonna ground it alot closer.
Also I think I should double up on the power wire and run a second wire from the front battery to the back battery. Reason being is because when I run the amp (even with the gain just a 1/3 of the way up), the power wire running off my hood battery starts to melt at the point where it connects to the 300 amp fuse. It can't handle the current.

Once I do all this, I should be straight, but we'll see.
my ground is almost 20 feet long //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

my ground is almost 20 feet long //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Is that ground running from one battery to another? Or do you have that ground running from some metal in your car straight to the amp? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

If so I know for sure that your ground isn't supposed to be that long.

Is that ground running from one battery to another? Or do you have that ground running from some metal in your car straight to the amp? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
Says who?

Doesnt matter how long the ground is:rolleyes:. Your power wire is 20ft as well.

Man, I think I just found out what it is. My ground wire is way too long. The Mmatts amp takes two grounds. The grounds are ran to a distribution block that is about 2.5-3 feet away mounted on another speaker box. I'm gonna ground it alot closer.
Also I think I should double up on the power wire and run a second wire from the front battery to the back battery. Reason being is because when I run the amp (even with the gain just a 1/3 of the way up), the power wire running off my hood battery starts to melt at the point where it connects to the 300 amp fuse. It can't handle the current.

Once I do all this, I should be straight, but we'll see.
Better be careful man. What size wire you running?

Doesnt matter how long the ground is:rolleyes:. Your power wire is 20ft as well.

I've always been told that you want your ground to be as short and as tight as possible. Keeps down on distortion, whinding noise ect.

BTW my power is about 3 feet long. It's running off my trunk battery.

Better be careful man. What size wire you running?
It's supposed to be 0 gauge, but when I compared it to another spool of wire I bought, it looked more like that 1/0 stuff. Just a tad bit thinner. I have a buddy who runs two 0 gauge wires from his battery in the front to his trunk batt and he never has a problem. He's also running a Mmats D3500.1

I'm thinkin about doin the same.

Pics of the components in your headrests?
Off topic, but I'll take some tonight and post them probly tonight or tomorrow. I did it myself the best way I knew how, so I don't know how that would compare with professional work.

I've always been told that you want your ground to be as short and as tight as possible. Keeps down on distortion, whinding noise ect.
BTW my power is about 3 feet long. It's running off my trunk battery.
You have a short ground to the metal... And then it goes through all the metal, which doesn't conduct that well, until it gets to the battery.

A straight run of copper is a better ground than a 3ft ground to the frame, tbh. As long as the run is as big as the power.

You have a short ground to the metal... And then it goes through all the metal, which doesn't conduct that well, until it gets to the battery.
A straight run of copper is a better ground than a 3ft ground to the frame, tbh. As long as the run is as big as the power.
X2

Hey yall I take that back. My ground is about 5-6 feet long in total (including what's being fed into my distribution block. I'm gonna forget the distribution block for this amp and run the two 4 gauge grounds (Which the Mmats requires) and them straight fromt the chassis to the amp. Both of them will be no more than 18 inches long and we'll see how that works. I don't know if I'll be doin that today though. It's cold up here in Ohio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jkok7

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
jkok7
Dallas, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date