Do I even bother?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Line6ix

Hello everyone,

I have a stock system (non-Bose) 2017 Mazda 3. I was thinking getting some aftermarket speakers would be a nice upgrade, but that's really all I have the money for (no disposable income right now).

The more I read, I'm getting the feeling it would mostly be a waste of money to just swap out the speakers if I'm hoping for serious sonic improvement. Sounds like you really need to do the full deal with amps, LOC, subs, component speakers (probably other stuff I don't know about).

I yearn for amazing sound, but it's expensive huh?

I need to be told from people who know that speakers alone will/won't do something.

Thanks for humoring me.

Hello everyone,
I have a stock system (non-Bose) 2017 Mazda 3. I was thinking getting some aftermarket speakers would be a nice upgrade, but that's really all I have the money for (no disposable income right now).

The more I read, I'm getting the feeling it would mostly be a waste of money to just swap out the speakers if I'm hoping for serious sonic improvement. Sounds like you really need to do the full deal with amps, LOC, subs, component speakers (probably other stuff I don't know about).

I yearn for amazing sound, but it's expensive huh?

I need to be told from people who know that speakers alone will/won't do something.

Thanks for humoring me.
dont swap anything out. Your stock setup will sound better unless you plan on shelling out 500 dollars to do your audio system right. Otherwise there's a high % chance that your new speaker swap will sound way worse than your stock speakers.

Most beginners dont know that if you plan to swap speakers, you cannot do a half @ssed speaker swap meaning. Door treatments must be used, an amplifier must be used and PROPER SIGNAL PROCESSING AND TUNING must be implemented. Literally would need a head unit swap or add a digital sound processor to start out to get a good signal along with the capability to actually tune the setup right, this makes the most difference. Then turn your door into a speaker enclosure with CLD deadener and Mass Loaded vinyl covering all holes and gaps, making a proper baffle to direct the sound inside the car so it doesnt get stuck in the plastic door panel.

Simply put, just slapping on a new set of speakers will not get you any results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Line6ix

Line6ix
Portland, OR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef