Do a paper for money?

That's what you get for procrastinating, although I shouldn't speak. I have a 6-10 page psychology research proposal due in a couple weeks and haven't even started it yet.

That's what you get for procrastinating, although I shouldn't speak. I have a 6-10 page psychology research proposal due in a couple weeks and haven't even started it yet.
i got them all done i needed to today. stayed up till 6am than back at school at 830 am. my teacher has missed 80% of the classes so a majority of us forgot/didnt know we had a project due. this semester im taking 18 credits and working almost everyday. i can only do so much.

car audio related news. got a new car and bought a soundqubed 3500 and 125.4, two crescendo group 31 batts, two tantric HD 10s, 100 ft of zero gauge. hopefully can get this 98 camry banging. just got to get a altenator and a couple of little things. im super stoked. been saving for a year for this. you got to come to the shows in dane county next year.

car audio related news. got a new car and bought a soundqubed 3500 and 125.4, two crescendo group 31 batts, two tantric HD 10s, 100 ft of zero gauge. hopefully can get this 98 camry banging. just got to get a altenator and a couple of little things. im super stoked. been saving for a year for this. you got to come to the shows in dane county next year.
My roommate was telling me about a car show each year in the Dells in the 3rd week of May, probably gonna go to that

Just print this thread and entitle your paper;
"The Truth About Garbage: How the Broken, Mismanaged US School System Fails to Educate People But Successfully Teaches Them How to Lie and Cheat"

No offence to you, btw. You're a victim of this fugging nonsensical race for fancy pieces of paper to hang on the wall which prove nothing about the person who's name is on them other than that they've mastered the art of short term, rote memorization.

EDIT: Well, that and lying. ;-)

/rant
Yeah but that little piece of paper will get you a hell of a lot farther in life than good looks and hope.

I see college more as a testing ground. Sure you'll probably forget most of what you learned, but the point is that piece of paper proves that you're willing to work hard. I had a lot of friends that didn't have near the work ethic I did and they all flunked out. Clearly not good employee material. Those that succeed have proven their worth. Of course this isn't true in every case but I'd say it is for at least the majority of my major (engineering).

Yeah but that little piece of paper will get you a hell of a lot farther in life than good looks and hope.
I see college more as a testing ground. Sure you'll probably forget most of what you learned, but the point is that piece of paper proves that you're willing to work hard. I had a lot of friends that didn't have near the work ethic I did and they all flunked out. Clearly not good employee material. Those that succeed have proven their worth. Of course this isn't true in every case but I'd say it is for at least the majority of my major (engineering).
I won't argue that there are fields where come sort of higher education is necessary. However, most fields require far less of that than is currently required and it is the very notion that a person who wants to learn (electronics, in my case) should be forced to suffer through and pay for a series of courses that have nothing to do with their field of interest. In my case, I never completed the unrelated courses, never got the piece of paper and have never in two and a half decades of work been asked to see it.

Of course, I also realize that that has changed and it is precisely the fact that it has changed that I was addressing in my original post.

I won't argue that there are fields where come sort of higher education is necessary. However, most fields require far less of that than is currently required and it is the very notion that a person who wants to learn (electronics, in my case) should be forced to suffer through and pay for a series of courses that have nothing to do with their field of interest. In my case, I never completed the unrelated courses, never got the piece of paper and have never in two and a half decades of work been asked to see it.
Of course, I also realize that that has changed and it is precisely the fact that it has changed that I was addressing in my original post.
Yeah if you were trying to get into any kind of legit electronics industry today you'd be laughed out of the building without a degree. Sad but true. It's not what you know, it's what you can prove you know. Job interviews don't consist of aptitude tests, it's resumes and bullshitting.

Yeah if you were trying to get into any kind of legit electronics industry today you'd be laughed out of the building without a degree. Sad but true. It's not what you know, it's what you can prove you know. Job interviews don't consist of aptitude tests, it's resumes and bullshitting.
My major is Information Technology Management, I doubt I'm ever going to use my psychology class I'm currently taking. Or calculus. Cybertechnology Ethics is a maybe, so is English, but Network Fundamentals 1 is a definite yes.

My major is Information Technology Management, I doubt I'm ever going to use my psychology class I'm currently taking. Or calculus. Cybertechnology Ethics is a maybe, so is English, but Network Fundamentals 1 is a definite yes.
Lol Calculus is funny. I'm sure Bubba will agree with me as a fellow engineer but I never thought I'd use any form of mathematics higher than Geometry or Trig when in reality, I use Calculus almost daily for kinematics analyses. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Lol Calculus is funny. I'm sure Bubba will agree with me as a fellow engineer but I never thought I'd use any form of mathematics higher than Geometry or Trig when in reality, I use Calculus almost daily for kinematics analyses. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
I doubt I will as an IT major...

I completely agree. I had to take classes like World Religions & Geography of US & Canada to get my electrical engineering degree. Relevance? None...

Yeah I ended up becoming a controls engineer so I do mostly PLC programming and HMI design. I don't think I've used any calculus since I left school. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Sometimes I feel like I need some kind of artistic background when creating these HMI's. It's frustrating coming from a technical background and trying to create things that are aesthetically pleasing.

It could have ended up very different however, if I landed in say, a power electronics field working for an energy company. I have a feeling my job would have been much more math based. Unfortunately though I only had 1 class in school on PLC's and the teacher was awful so I basically learned everything on the job from another programmer.

I think the most math work I do is designing my subwoofer enclosures, haha.

I completely agree. I had to take classes like World Religions & Geography of US & Canada to get my electrical engineering degree. Relevance? None...

Yeah I ended up becoming a controls engineer so I do mostly PLC programming and HMI design. I don't think I've used any calculus since I left school. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Sometimes I feel like I need some kind of artistic background when creating these HMI's. It's frustrating coming from a technical background and trying to create things that are aesthetically pleasing.

It could have ended up very different however, if I landed in say, a power electronics field working for an energy company. I have a feeling my job would have been much more math based. Unfortunately though I only had 1 class in school on PLC's and the teacher was awful so I basically learned everything on the job from another programmer.

Most math I've done is counting up how much I spend on has and the sub system...

I programmed logic controllers and other stuff in courses but I don't do it on the regular at my job. We have an electrical department for that. I am a Mechanical Engineer with the largest manufacturer of drilling equipment and my main focus is design/analysis so it is very largely dependent on calculation, which kind of blows because I hated higher level mathematics. The first calculation I had to do involved heat and mass transfer, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and kinematics (dynamics). Stupid calc took me 3 full work days to complete. I thought it was the end of my career. Lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

thatguy12

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
thatguy12
Madtown, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies