DLS amps

i'm thinking of getting an amp for my highs and maybe selling my vr1000d and replacing it. i'm lookin at DLS. after visiting a shop that swears on them, they have me looking. i'm wondering how these amps will compare to the mainstream amps. the shop owner said that my vr1000d isn't really putting out a clean 1000w rms at 1 ohm. he said that with the DLS A6, i would have more output. he also reccommended a DLS A4 for my highs. they seem like very nice amplifiers. i'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. i tried a search but came out empty handed.

Scott Buwalda, a big time SQ competitor uses DLS amps, so they're definitely a quality amp. Your crossfire not putting out clean power is pretty much BS though. I think the crossfires are underrated by a couple hundred watts at least. So maybe the DLS will put out more, but if it's rated at 1000watts I really doubt it. I doubt you could go wrong either way. Good luck!

Mike

hey, thanks for the reply. i'm slowly doing more research on DLS. they seem to be a very nice, legit company. most of the reviews and testimonials i've read are from europe. they are a swedish company and just got their start here a couple of years ago.

Yup Scott Buwalda is using these babies in his altima.

Here's his setup:

HU: Pioneer RS-D7X

Digital Xover: RS-P70XII

Amps: Six DLS A3

Three for his 3 way active DLS iridium set

Three for his 3 DLS UR-12 subs.

i've looked at the tru tech amps already. i like the copper series and the a. but i'm able to get the DLS at a pretty low price. i donno i thought the tru amps were similar in price to zapco? i could get an A4 for about $600, which isn't that much compared to zapco, brax and mac. i'm also gonna be getting the DLS ultimate components (the ones below the iridium). they sound GODLIKE. apparently, they hold their own against the utopia...

wel i tell you this i've heard utopias and they arent worht the money .... imo they sound like $hit! you know its nad when the series below (polykevs) sound better!

Can anyone say JESUS @ 3000 watts @ 1 channel @2ohms... youd need a nuclear power plant under your hood witha 200 amp alty and 2 optima caps... cause that ***** would **** power in like a black hole...

I havea brand new A6 amp if your interested, it comes with a bass remote as well. These amps are great, I am also getting an A4 and moving my A3 over, so I have to sacrafice the A6. Let me know if you interested eddiem67@yahoo.com

BTW these amps are definitely good for the money compared to TRU and of the same quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.