displacement for bracing

Participant count
  • Participant list

buckeyes#1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
p-town
how do you figure how much to subtract for bracing ? im going to use 1 & 1/2 dowel for box bracing , but how much do i subtract for the bracing ? and 45 in the corners how also do i subtract for that ?

thanks in advance

how do you figure how much to subtract for bracing ? im going to use 1 & 1/2 dowel for box bracing , but how much do i subtract for the bracing ? and 45 in the corners how also do i subtract for that ? thanks in advance
Just like doing port displacement for the dowels...pi x radius2 x length... if the only 45 is in your port bend I would not even worry about subtracting it from the overall volume... if it's only one dowel, I wouldn't even worry about it... it's so minimal it'll change nothing... it's like .014 for 1 I think at 13.5" long

Ok thanks sure it's not gonna make a huge difference I'll figure in between. 25-.33 depending on how much of the dowel I use

Thanks shredder

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.