Disconnecting power cap, anyway to connect amp to battery without buying longer wire?

Participant count
  • Participant list

eclipse3130
10+ year member

I have my amp right next to my cap and the battery wire is about 6 inches connecting to the cap. I want to take out my cap, but was wondering if there was an easier way to connect my amp to the battery without buying a longer battery wire? Then also how would I connect the ground again would I have to buy another longer wire?

buy longer wires or move the amp closer, if it's not long enough it's not long enough! I have seen people couple short lengths together but I'm not a fan of it.

as long as your not suffering any voltage issues taking the cap out or leaving it won't effect anything, on the other hand if your power is lacking at all the cap is hindering more then helping.

just get a second run of wire and connect the 2 with terminals and a bolt. the tape around it really well with electrical tape. that way u can add as much or little as you want. wound looks as nice, but it works and will only put u back a buck or 2.

just get a second run of wire and connect the 2 with terminals and a bolt. the tape around it really well with electrical tape. that way u can add as much or little as you want. wound looks as nice, but it works and will only put u back a buck or 2.
If you where going to go "buy" a second run of wire why would you half@ss the install by bolting them together, at that point just replace the whole wire and do it right!

If you where going to go "buy" a second run of wire why would you half@ss the install by bolting them together, at that point just replace the whole wire and do it right!
so u don't have to re run your whole run and some conduit does just fine

Cheap people will always be cheap?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.