Discharging a cap

If the cap is still connected to your system, disconnect the negative cable from your battery and turn on your headlights. The cap will discharge in 2 seconds.

grab any 12v electronic item and attach the red to the positive terminal on the cap and then ground the black wire. run it till the cap has no more juice

a 12v light .... resistor at least a 1W (WATT) one cuse other wise it might burn up.... um any 12v device ... turn on your amp with just the cap to it.....

Originally posted by jlaine Use your tongue... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Umm...ouch!! Im guessin since you said this then you have either tried this or know someone who has am I right? And if so what happened lol

Originally posted by 80_Cutlass_mn Umm...ouch!! Im guessin since you said this then you have either tried this or know someone who has am I right? And if so what happened lol
no.....when those things discharge its amazing......i accidently crossed the terminals tightening them with a craftsmen wrench that it melted into two peices.....anyways like everyones saying, just drain it as if you were draining a battery (thats all it is after alll, a quick discharge battery).

chances are it would killl you...the resistance of saliva is low...and your inards would get burned...caps are not to be messed with- i have even been told some of them can discharge extremly fast regaudless of resistance...

-pat

Caps are not something to play with ... a 1 farad cap at 14 volts may not kill you but it will give you a good jolt ... ask any tv repair man about the danger of caps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.