Dimensions for a 4th order bandpass box for 2 12" lanzar max subs.

Participant count
  • Participant list

lilcodyn422

I have 2 12" Lanzar Max sub's, 1600 watts max 800 rms, im looking to build yet another box myself. Im interested in a 4th order bandpass for these subs, because ive been hearing so much good talk about them. the only thing is i dont have the mathematical skills to know how to design one so it sounds right, and not like ****, im looking for help on dimensions and what not. If ur willing to help me out it would be much appreciated! thanks

Speaking from personal experience, 4th orders take a bit of tuning to get right. Very rarely can you come up with a design and have it be what you're looking for. 4th orders include so many extra variables that it's near impossible to design them to their full potential, you need to do some real world testing. With that being said, do you want to do all that work for some lanzars? I would stick with a ported box for them because it's much more simple to get right. It just seems kind of silly to put all that work into a 4th order for a pair of meh 12's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.