Difference in SQ

grant862
10+ year member

currently i have boston acoustic s55 located in my kick panels and hooked up to a alpine 240 amp. They sound alright but not there isnt enought there, i dunno if its cuz tehre in the kick panel or what but if i put some BA s60, components in, with the woofer in the kick panel and the tweeter in the door panel will i hear that much of a SQ difference or just a differnece period. And i currently have BA s953 in the rear off the same amp. Thanks

I think you need more power not more speaker.

I upagraded my polks to polk momos (good improvement)

but, it was the upgrade from a RF punch amp to 300 watts from my Diamond D6 where I noticed the most improvement in SQ and loudness.

The bigger mid will help, but you'd probably gain more from an increase in power

well the BA s55 are only rated at 35 rms and my amp puts out 40rms

would leaving my coaxils in the kick panel and putting say a tweeter in the door panel be wise or would that sound horrible...my problem basically is that my front stage doesnt sound bright enough and im thinking that since my tweeters are hidden down by my gas pedals that if i put a tweeter on my door that that would help, now would adding an additional pair of tweeters to my coaxils sound any good, or possibly a 3 1/4 midrandge speaker add anything or is it stupid to add a tweeter an additional tweeter when theres already a coaxil in the kick panel? Thanks for your help

First off, adding power is the worse way to improve your system in regards to volume, you need 4x times your current power to add 3db. If you want to add a second pair of tweets, you'd probably want to put them on the a-pillars and then cross them really high, maybe 16-17k. Much lower and you'll hear the cancellation issues your forcing. What most people refer to as "bright" is the freqencies around 8-12k, but every vehicle and speaker is different, if you can boost that frequency, see if that sounds better.

First off, adding power is the worse way to improve your system in regards to volume, you need 4x times your current power to add 3db.
Actually, it's half that...2x the power...3dB gain. Adding a second pair of tweets isn't the best idea. Better to have a stronger midbass setup, possibly going active. Or horns.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.