Difference in rms on tweeters from midrange?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SunUpNeverdown

Support starving audiophiles in America
saz 100.4 on 4 crescendo 4 ohm 6.5 mids. 2 1” super tweeters. Thinking active crossover. And maybe 125.2 or 250.1 on tweeters. 30 rms per tweeter or 120 rms per tweeter? I’m guessing 30 rms per tweeter is right. Speakers will be seeing 125 rms a piece. Or hook all drivers to the 100.4? But with an active crossover is would be better with separate amps on mids and highs? How much rms on tweeters? Any suggestions? Tweeters amp suggestions as well? And when it comes to the rcas, since I only have 3 rca jacks in the back of my hu, sub, rear and front. Would I use the rear rca jack for the 4 channel amp and parallel 4 speakers on rear 2 channels at 2 ohms and use front rca for tweeters amp? Or can I use a rca splitter so I can run all rcas and all channels on all the amps? How would I do this?

Last edited:
saz 100.4 on 4 crescendo 4 ohm 6.5 mids. 2 1” super tweeters. Thinking active crossover. And maybe 125.2 or 250.1 on tweeters. 30 rms per tweeter or 120 rms per tweeter? I’m guessing 30 rms per tweeter is right. Speakers will be seeing 125 rms a piece. Or hook all drivers to the 100.4? But with an active crossover is would be better with separate amps on mids and highs? How much rms on tweeters? Any suggestions? Tweeters amp suggestions as well? And when it comes to the rcas, since I only have 3 rca jacks in the back of my hu, sub, rear and front. Would I use the rear rca jack for the 4 channel amp and parallel 4 speakers on rear 2 channels at 2 ohms and use front rca for tweeters amp? Or can I use a rca splitter so I can run all rcas and all channels on all the amps? How would I do this?
When you’re in active mode you’ll have front middle rear which correlated to the rca inputs. That said, probably could use rca splitters on the middle rca and just run one speaker to one channel on the 4 channel. Have you considered bridging the 4 channel and running one set of crescendos. Not sure which crescendos you got but The performance (specifically midbass) of that one set of 6.5’s might be better than more speakers running on “just enough” power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.