Difference between W7's and Eclipse titaniums....

Come on guys, someone has to have an opinion on these...

The eclipse has a higher xmax than the W7 so it's a toss-up...

My vote is with the Eclipse's for SQ and it's a toss-up for SPL. I haven't heard either yet. If I had the choice I'd go for the eclipses...if I lived in a wonderful land where I have money.

You guys sure those **** W7's are taller than they are wide that ways something with huge excursion and surrounds I dont no but my opinoin JLs flagship sub has to be about the best on the market.

Ive heard both

I lovem both too

The Eclipse is **** near perfect. It has the most amazing SQ of any sub, that plays that ****ing loud. The W7 just knocks me out. It has good SQ (not as good as ecplise) but its SPL is amazing. It doensnt seem as loud...but thats because it doesnt distort at all. Thoes of you who have subs that distort a lot (anyone who owns fosgate or MTX) will sit in a car wiht w7's and youll think its not as loud as it is, till the windsheild blows out, and you have a headache for a week. JL spent 6 + years on this sub, and its just awesome. It has amazing xmax, it has amazing power handeling (they connected 10000 watts to each voice coil, and it held up fine) It really doesnt distort at all. ITs a lot louder than you would think, just because, your not pickign up the 50hz ting that you do with a lot of subs.

You just have to experience them for a week or so, and you'll be hooked

The bottom line with them is, tune themand power them just right.

So

Eclipse = Killer SQ and **** good SPL

W7 = Very good SQ and **** myself SPL

Iv never heard Eclispe Titanium I live in hickville NY so no one has them. BUT amazingly I have heard the JL 12w7. The owner of the shop I heard it at said it best "you dont want me too play this casue you will want one". NO **** LOUD discustingly LOUD, and quite accurate good SQ. The cone is like a double layer kevlar material, gives it good snap. Nice speaker........Nicer Price:eek:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.