• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I have a choice of getting some JL Audio Subs or Kicker Solo Baric Subs.

Which brand would u choose and why?

After I select the brand, should I get 12's or 15's?

These will be going in a SUV.

Thanks for the help!

12's can move more they will give you more punch. 15's will hit bass real hard but wont be able to keep up. there both good you should listen to them both for yourself and decide. What model JL's? What kinda of SUV?

Originally posted by mr.cableboi 12's can move more they will give you more punch. 15's will hit bass real hard but wont be able to keep up. there both good you should listen to them both for yourself and decide. What model JL's? What kinda of SUV?
I dont know exactly what models. I was gonna get your guys opinions on everything. My parents own a store with alot of nascar stuff and car and truck accesories. They are getting more into Car Audio so I have a selection of anything. I mean I have to keep the price reasonable and have narrowed it down to JL Audio products or the Kicker Solo Barics.

What model JL's would u suggest? Its a 99 Escalade.

When u say "15's will hit bass real hard but wont be able to keep up"

What does it mean they wont be able to keep up?

like those song that have bass note after bass note. because it is so big it will not be able to catch each note but i would not worry about if you have good mids. they sould pick it up.

Originally posted by mr.cableboi like those song that have bass note after bass note. because it is so big it will not be able to catch each note but i would not worry about if you have good mids. they sould pick it up.
So if you had the choice to pick either a 12" Solo Baric or a 15" Solo Baric which would you choose and why?

if your dropping the subs in an SUV grab the 15's in a car they sound slow and sluggish but in a big truck like that theyll sound mint.........theyll keep up fine if ya have a big amp for them.......12"S sound more clear because they give destict bass they hit everything hard.......15"s sound distorded because they hit everything lower

and 15"s will push more air..........wat will push more snow? a plow or a shuvel.....the plow because its bigger..........the 15 is bigger too so it will push more air

Well, I like both JL and Kicker. But think about this, a Solo Baric L5 or L7 12 can push more air and will be much louder than a JL, unless it is the W7 and you are really wanting to come off of some money. But then again, are you going to have enough amp to push the Kickers? Let us know how much you are planning on spending and we will go from there

GET THE 15'' L7 WIRE IT UP TO A 1000+ WATT CLASS D AMP

USE A 6.O CU. FT PORTED BOX AND POUND AWAY

IF YOU NEED SPEC FOR THE BOX

HEIGHT OF BOX--17-3/4''

DEPTH OF BOX--24-1/4''

LENGTH OF BOX--32''

LENGTH OF PORT 13-3/4''

WIDTH OF PORT 3-1/2''

Im looking to spend about 700-800 bucks. So If i grab the 12" solo barics and a 1000 watt amp It should sound great right?

Yeah would sound pretty good but if i were you would go with the 15 JL w3 and a Jl 500/1 amp. Should keep you in your price range and sound wonderful. I am not really a fan of 15s becasue of previous stated remarks "can't keep up" which is very true but if you have mids and tweets capable to pick it up you should be ok. The Jl will out perform any solobaric in thier lineup in my opinion. The 15w3 was Jls most powerful sub before the w7 came out no wait the 18w3 and then the 15w3 but still that sub is incrediable I would get it and the 500/1 and you will be bumpin.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
jlman
IMG_1154.png

GoldCountryCA

May 5, 2024