Diamond Audio S500s RMS Power Rating

resevil83
10+ year member

I was going to buy 2 pairs of the Diamond Audio S500s for my 97 Ford Contour. I play on getting the Pioneer Deh-p4000ub deck. I was wondering what the rms power for the speakers were? I'm new to car audio, but I read in one of the posts that it is best to amplify component systems and not run them off the head units power. I wanted to find an amp for these but was confused because onlinecarstereo says that they are 20-150rms. That makes no sense. Do they mean that the speakers are acutually 75 watts rms? Please help, and any reccomendations for my speaker set would be appreciated. (I am going to buy a seperate amp and sub later on)

It means you can give them as little as 20 watts rms and as much as 150 watts rms. I'd give them 125-150. I used to have a set a loved them. It's hard to underpower them because they are so efficient. Also they would sound much better with an amp on them. I had an old school xtant amp on mine and they sounded great.

If the HEX are the older original ones then go for it but if they are the new HEX you need to be warned that they are not the same comps they used to be. Diamond was bought out recenlty and they lowered the quality on the HEX comps but kept the same look.

?? I was planning on buying from online car stereo. I think they are the older versions? I don't exactly know where to get them other than that. Also I was trying to keep the cash down on everything but it looks like that is not going to happen! I was looking at the Diamond Audio D6 700.4 amp. Does that look like a good idea to you? I don't know the difference between 2 and 4 ohms is but, it says I can run 4 speakers at 115 watts 4 ohms and 4 speakers at 175 watts 2 ohms. I also have to buy some dynamat and speaker wires.

That's actually the exact same setup I was going to go with but I decided to go with a more expensive set of speakers. You'll be happy with those speakers and that amp is the ****. I decided to go with the hertz mlk 165's and an arc audio ks 300.4 amp. But the diamonds are the **** and what I originally wanted. That amp that you want is one awesome amp, I've seen one in person and it was beautiful. Never heard one but I've heard great things about the quality of them.

I'd do dynamat extreme bulk pack if your getting subs too or just the speaker door kits if not. Also second skin deamplififer pro is supposed to be really good. Go to caraudio.com and either onlinecarstereo.com, ikesound, or second skin will have your sound deadning. Also I'd google knukonceptz and go to their website. They sell some great wiring in pretty cheap kits for your car. A 4 gauge or 1/0 gauge should work and 12 gauge for speaker wire.

Those speakers,esp the 5.25s really ****.........Anyone who says HEX's sound good havent listened to the German versions they previously made.....It was the German versions that

gave DA thier reputation of good quality speakers...What they make today is a shell of whay they used to produce - todays DA is made in china average stuff slapped together by parts buyers

You can do way way better

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.