Diablo Audio

Mitch86
5,000+ posts

±
Tennessee
I see a lot of DAT protos going around lately. I was wondering, how the hell/why the hell are there so many prototype amps? Usually when a company gets a prototype its for testing etc.. so why would a company have hundreds of "prototypes"? And even more confusing is that they changed the production units which ended up being shitty amps apparently, while the prototypes are supposed to be bad ass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I see a lot of DAT protos going around lately. I was wondering, how the hell/why the hell are there so many prototype amps? Usually when a company gets a prototype its for testing etc.. so why would a company have hundreds of "prototypes"? And even more confusing is that they changed the production units which ended up being shitty amps apparently, while the prototypes are supposed to be bad ass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
There's a good handful of protos out their, certainly not hundreds though. They just get moved around a LOT. And probably what SPLAudio said there about referbs being called protos.

As to why they changed anything in the design, I have no idea, it is a real bummer though cus I love their protos.

There's a good handful of protos out their, certainly not hundreds though. They just get moved around a LOT. And probably what SPLAudio said there about referbs being called protos.As to why they changed anything in the design, I have no idea, it is a real bummer though cus I love their protos.
The original owner of Diablo was on CACO selling protos. He had a pallet load of them...several hundred + how ever many were already out there! Also, any of the ones without the name engraved in them are protos. Production models had the engravings. And from what I understand the protos were great and reliable amps.

I have always read the protos were very nice amps. What I don't understand is how the production version became a POS...lol
From what I understand this is how it went. When bill started dat the build house he was using was using high quality parts after the protos were made an the final product came out that build house wen behind his back an used cheap china parts without him knowing. Bill didn't find out until every other persons amp was going up in smoke.

So it was not bills fault why they were having problems it was the build houses fault for cheeping him out on crappy china parts behind his back which the money for repairs were coming out of his own pocket an he couldn't afford to keep fixing them.

It really ***** cause bills dat amps are beastly amps an can hang with pretty much any amp in that power range. I'm about to get a final 2500.1 not a proto yes it may be a gamble if you got a good one or bad one but even if you have a bad one an get it fixed by a good repair center you would have what could of been some amazing amps.

yea i know bill personally , great guy ,him and the wife,too bad that the build house screwed him over .they were very nice looking amps too.i seen a dat 1000 do a perfect 129.9 bass race and hold it for the full 30 seconds.

yea i know bill personally , great guy ,him and the wife,too bad that the build house screwed him over .they were very nice looking amps too.i seen a dat 1000 do a perfect 129.9 bass race and hold it for the full 30 seconds.
There sick amps no doubt. An if someone does happen to get bad ones I know there are a few people who can fix them an to me there worth the money to get fixed the 2500.1 does 3k+ at 0.5ohm which is pretty sweet I wouldn't even have a second thought of putting these against some of the other high quality amp brands like sundown an dc or etc.

Oh so it was a problem with the parts used versus the overall design... that makes sense now. that's terrible. I've read great things about the protos. Too bad this whole ordeal drug the company under. Thanks for clearing this up guys. I now have a better understanding of the situation. I was always curious as to why the production models are regarded as a POS while the protos are praised so much. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.