DFW area guys, PLEASE HELP!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bass911
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas,TX
I just had another extremely piss poor wood cutting experience at Home Depot. I went to the HD I always go to. There were 2 guys that worked there that made near perfect cuts. I guess they quit because I haven't seen them in 3 months. So I load the big sheet of Mdf up by myself, take it to the back and he tells me they can't make small cuts because some loser broke his hand using the saw. I didn't even need any small cuts. I wasn't going to beg the ***. I drove across town to another HD and had them make the cuts. I only needed half of the sheet, but we used the whole sheet because their cuts were so off. I told the dude to mark it off with the piece he had already cut because he didn't know how to use a tape measure. I think he was offended because he kept doing it his way. I didn't expect perfect cuts, but I swear this guy was the worst, and he assured me that he could do it before hand. I told him it needed to be close and what I was making. I had him cut one piece 4 times and each cut was smaller than next. If he was within a half of an inch, he thought it was close enough. The way he was cutting, I would have needed a Handicap sticker for the box.

I can't use my table saw right now because of where I live. Do any of you DFW guys know of a decent HD, Lowes, or Lumber yard to get good cuts?

me and basscort got my box cut at the home depot in garland and one cut was about 3/8s of an inch off, hate to break it to you but those guys typically dont give a ****

This guy was telling me the one in Mesquite is pretty good. I'm a check that one out, but that's a 30 min. drive. What about lumber yards, do they make better cuts?

use a straight edge clamped to the MDF and a circular saw...works great when you need to break up a 4x8 sheet into something more manageable.
Hell, that's how I do all my cuts! I can get em within a 32 of an inch or less EVERY time like that! forget the table saw, they are more of a pain in the ass than they are worth unless you have one of the HUGE professional ones that costs $10K!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.