Desperate for radio wiring help

KC54

Well I recently bought a Dual 60w radio for my 2000 Pontiac Sunfire. The main problem to being with was that my previous stock system was stolen and the thieves took the harness with them. So I tried to straight wire everything which seemed pretty logical up to the point that I forgot to unhook my negative cable on my battery. I blew the radio fuse in my car but I replaced it and the fuse on the 12v+ wire on my radio harness didnt seemed harmed but I changed it with the extra that came with my radio. So I tried again, I unhooked the negative battery cable this time too, but for some reason, when I get everything hooked up now, I get no response from my radio. I made sure all of my wires weren't touching and everything but I'm still getting nothing. Is there any ideas from anyone who might know how I can get this thing going? Heres one more thing.....

This is the wiring for a 2000 sunfire.....

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Stereo Wiring

Constant 12V+ Orange

Switched 12V+ Yellow

Ground Black

Illumination Gray

Dimmer Brown

Antenna Trigger Pink

Left Front (+) Tan

Left Front (-) Gray

Right Front (+) Light Green

Right Front (-) Dark Green

Left Rear (+) Brown

Left Rear (-) Yellow

Right Rear (+) Dark Blue

Right Rear (-) Light Blue

Now the problem is that my car doesnt have a pink wire..... it has a purple but I dont know if thats the same function that it does.....I have two black wires, one is thicker than the other tho, so I dont know which is ground......and I don't know which gray wire is which so everything is just got me frustrated with this one...so someone please help.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

The Install Doctor only has the wiring that I listed. The main problem is that I have wires that are not on the guide like 2 blacks and a purple. You would think it would be simple even without the harness gosh its just caused some headaches. Thanks tho.

Well I wouldnt know where to buy a replacement harness plus I dont have a credit card to be able to buy things from the internet. Walmart is all thats around here and they dont carry things like that lol, all tho it would be nice.

i hope you're metering your wires........

............even tho I kno you aren't //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Well I wouldnt know where to buy a replacement harness plus I dont have a credit card to be able to buy things from the internet. Walmart is all thats around here and they dont carry things like that lol, all tho it would be nice.
My walmart has wiring harnesses...

just have a professional installer do it. Deck's are too complicated for newbies, thats why i just payed a guy to do it have it done right the first time and have it be done with. Im using my old deck to practice wiring with so i can do my next deck by myself tho

Hey man idk if you ever found a solution for this, but I'm in a similar situation here (I cut out my factory harness awhile ago and have since lost it, lol). But you can probably buy the OEM harness...I found mine on ebay (It's 26$ shipped though!)

Stereo Wire Harness OEM Hyundai Accent 02 03 04 05 2005 - eBay (item 110114790265 end time Feb-26-10 15:05:44 PST)

Just search for "Your car name OEM wire harness"

Also I think they also call them "Reverse wiring harnesses"

EDIT: Scosche makes a bunch of em, I found mine on Amazon for 12$ shipped (woot)

Another solution is if you have any local junk yards you can find your car and cut that one out and replace it on yours to give it a clean stock look then just plug in your aftermarket wiring harness. once you start slicing and dicing into your "factory harness your doomed JK

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

KC54

KC54
Kentucky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Canaan