Denovo Anarchy 704s Not giving me good midbass

I ran my doors at 80 hz @ 24 db/octave. I was overpowering by a bit, a 6.5 component set to keep up with 2 18's doing high 140's all over the place. Sometimes I'd do 100 hz if I was demoing, just to keep the speakers safe.

Taking them from 80 hz to about 60 hz made a huge midbass difference to me.

Just be careful. Lowering that HPF down is the quickest way to blow your door speakers. So pay good attention to them, those low notes will probably be the most likely things to kill a door speaker, so just pay attention to how it acts. I've definitely roasted some door speakers before by playing with the HPF at high volumes 🤕

im 3 way
sub = 40hz 12db
midbass= 60hz-250hz 24db
midrange= 350hz 48db - 4000hz 24db
tweets= 4000hz+ 48db

Since I have two 6x9" in the back, I'll use them as a dedicated midrange. I'll try and run the Anarchys much lower (around 55 - 400Hz) and have the 6x9 pick up the slack from 400Hz+. I saw several others on some forums talking about running the Anarchys pretty low, not the usual ~1500Hz.

Ok, so I kind of figured out my issue. The anarchys need a lot of power to shine, so what happened was, as I was increasing the volume, the tweeters got loud, to a point where I found enjoyable but the anarchys weren't even moving. So I went into the Dsp software and boosted the anarchys by 6db and reduced the tweeters by 6db and NOW even at half volume they really slam. I've done gain settings on my amps very quickly due to some time constraints but I think once I finish that too, it'll be good to go. The JL Audio twk88 comes with a volume knob and it has another knob that's programmable. Most people use it for bass boost / control but I have that already since it comes with the 1200W rockford fosgate amp I have for my sub. So if I can reprogram that knob to be either the midbass or tweeter controller, that'd be great.

Thanks for the help everyone!

You should have suspected that just looking at them. That said, glad you're getting nearer to dialing those in to your liking.

Hah! Yup, but I'm a newbie when it comes to car audio and all this audio stuff in general and I also don't want to blow anything up, so tweaking slowly, but we're getting there...

Thank you for the help everyone!

BND

Hah! Yup, but I'm a newbie when it comes to car audio and all this audio stuff in general and I also don't want to blow anything up, so tweaking slowly, but we're getting there...

Thank you for the help everyone!

BND
I have used the current Anarchy lineup along with about 4 of the previous Adire knockoff "brand" xbl mids and have yet to blow any. IMO the biggest thing to watch is just bottoming them out, as you add more power you may need to up your HPF to keep them safe, but I've bottomed my current ones out plenty and they're still going.

I have used the current Anarchy lineup along with about 4 of the previous Adire knockoff "brand" xbl mids and have yet to blow any. IMO the biggest thing to watch is just bottoming them out, as you add more power you may need to up your HPF to keep them safe, but I've bottomed my current ones out plenty and they're still going.

Thanks for the info. Good thing is, I don't play super bass heavy songs (e.g. rap), I play rock / metal and just like the kick to really come through without sounding muddy. So hopefully that helps on that end.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BroncosNeverDie
Washington
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from