Deep cycle marine battery

Participant count
  • Participant list
since the resting voltage will probably be different the batts will pull off each other when the car is off shortening their life. it won't be so bad if u drive the car everyday. Also they will have different discharge rates and that will effect how much juice actually reaches your system when it needs it. Won't work as well as a good agm battery but it'll do something

Would it be better to replace my existing battery with a deep cycle?
No you don't want to do that. Deep cycle batteries are made for extreme discharge and then recharge, not for quick high bursts of power needed for engine cranking like your starting battery is made for. do as penn said above, use an agm.

No you don't want to do that. Deep cycle batteries are made for extreme discharge and then recharge, not for quick high bursts of power needed for engine cranking like your starting battery is made for. do as penn said above, use an agm.
Alright thanks. I was only wondering because where I work I can get a discount on some deep cycle marines. But I'll just use an agm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.