Decisions...decisions

Participant count
  • Participant list

brad
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am looking into getting two sets of the pioneer REV series speakers for my car. I am getting the 6 1/2" components up front and the 6 1/2"coaxials for the rear.

Would I be better of getting a 4 channel amp and running all four speakers off this amp, or getting a 2 channel amp to power the components and have the rear speakers be powered by my head unit?

The power ratings on rev speakers is 60RMS/260peak, what amp would you recommend for less than $200(2ch/4ch)?

I have been looking at this amp if I decide to go 4 channel:

Phoenix gold R8.04 75x4RMS---$137.00@ ikesound

Thanks

Well I guess it depends on your listening preference. I'd leave out the rear 6.5's and put the comps on a 2 ch. But if you use back speakers I'd consider using just mids only and run them off the amp.

i say them off of an 4 channel amp. The amp that you have picked seems like a good choice. I have no personal experince with them but they are a reputable company.

sweet..I think I am going to get that amp, I will probably need to get a larger alternator after putting in a second amp though..guess I'll have to wait and see.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.