Deciding on what to chose for my MS6

Participant count
  • Participant list

RacingToaster
10+ year member

Hey guys I need opinions, suggestions, and etc.

I recently bought a mazdaspeed6 that has the bose stereo in it.

Right now I trying to determine which way I should go in terms of the head unit.

The options are replace the stocker with the pioneer head unit that I have, but I have to buy the dashkit which is going to run me $250-274 because the stock has the Hvac intergraded with it.

OR

Buy a sound processor and tap into the stock harness.

I'm missing my bang right now and I'm trying to determine which will be better.

If you don't mind spending an outrageous amount of money on a dash kit, put in a different HU. Some of those processors designed to integrate a "system" with a factory HU have some pretty nice options though... I've always wondered which I would do if I were in a similar situation. I'd probably put my 800PRS in. I don't think those processors that tap into the factory harnesses can give you the sound quality an HU can give you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.