Deciding on ported or sealed

Participant count
  • Participant list

Stangs400
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Omaha,Ne
Hey all, Im trying to decided whether to go ported or sealed for my brothers truck. Since the truck is for work and play, we got 4 Rockford phosgate p2 8'' subs. I will be wiring them to 1 ohm....lalala...but the only place we can put them is behind the rear seat in a Silverado Crew Cab. There like only 4.5'' of depth (the subs will fit) and about 17'' tall and the entire length of the rear seat. So with this little of room, should we go ported tuned to about 28hz, or sealed. Also, I was thinking ported because we are going to be running horns upfront and want the subs to keep up!

Do you think this is enough room for ported?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

AVI is still making car audio? I have some really nice 5.25 components I bought back in 04, I think. I run cdt 6.5 pros now, but in my memory...
They are good at the boom. Hard pounding lowend but lack at the upper notes. If you have a strong midbass setup they will blend fine. Buuut.. for...
My issue is I already have the box (without the 10" adapter ring) so I'm kinda stuck on a 12, which isn't the worst thing in the world 😂 I had...
A pair of American Bass Hawk 15s will slamm home as well. Just put in a pair in a good friends 02 T.Car in 7.0@31htz on a Cresendo Skyway 3k...
you may like them facing forward rather than Rear faced. Its all about how you like and enjoy by your ear/listening not others. try Both...

About this thread

Stangs400

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Stangs400
Omaha,Ne
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date