Decided to make it metal.

sheet metal is going to flex,,im talking about plate.6061 cast aluminium plate or stainless plate would be my first choice 1/2" or thicker. Im not sure if hot rolled or cold rolled steel would effect the flux field of the subs motor or not.

I haven't worked on the box all weekend.I've been busy.It will be done tonight and ****'t I will follow through on my promise that their will be pics.Why did someone call me ****ing stupid when it didn't cost me anything to make I was just trying to be resourceful.Some people are far too critical.

tune to 37hertz and box should be 1.7 cubes each after displacment...and not out of metal...but im just guessing. do a search. tons of boxes have been built for those subs
false. 4.25 cubes tuned around 33 with 80 in. of port rapes. dont belive me? try it lulz

Why did someone call me ****ing stupid when it didn't cost me anything to make I was just trying to be resourceful.Some people are far too critical.
Riding a bicycle in the 24 Hours of Le Mans might be resourceful, but it doesn't mean it's a good idea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I agree there's no need to make things personal, but you've chosen one of the worst possible materials to make a speaker enclosure out of. If you want satisfactory results, you're going to have to spend the $25 or so for a sheet of MDF and build a proper box.

Riding a bicycle in the 24 Hours of Le Mans might be resourceful, but it doesn't mean it's a good idea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I agree there's no need to make things personal, but you've chosen one of the worst possible materials to make a speaker enclosure out of. If you want satisfactory results, you're going to have to spend the $25 or so for a sheet of MDF and build a proper box.
yeah you know what i'm saying though.i mean,why not do it.it's just a test drive,if you will,a prototype.before everyone flies off the handle calm your horses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.