Decided against new carpet.

Participant count
  • Participant list
sounds to me l like you only thought u had decided against it since u cut some out of it. i havent seen it so i dont know what it looks like. u could always try contact cement but im sure it will look like ****

No, it's been cut for a long time now, I was actually thinking about fiberglassing over the area where it was. And running the glass onto my sub box, but after finding it, I want to know how to reattach it.

I may just end up permanently adhering it to the floor, like I did with my deadener...

y not just recarpet it? you can get a molded piece pretty cheap(if i remember correctly) or go to a flooring store and get car carpet for next to nothing. my wife works at a flooring store as a salesperson so i got a lil discount. i think i paid like $9.

I don't know how to recarpet. Plus no moldsare out for a 2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab.
do you really want to piece a patch in your '06 dodge? id get a quote from an interior shop to do the carpet at the least. it never hurts to ask for a price, you might even find its cheaper than u think(then again u might not). i didnt price it for my truck. my father in law had his seats recovered in his truck and it was way less than what i would have thought, and i imagine carpeting a floor would be easier than recovering a seat. who knows tho. personally i wouldnt want patched carpet in my basically new truck. but thats just me. either way gl on whatever route u decide to take.

Why dont ya just pick up some stretchable carpet from a high end fabric shop or marine carpet retailer? Ive done alot of work on a vehicle just like yours where we put in a wall, and we had to use a bunch of stretchable carpet to do it. The stretchable kind has no backing on it, and can be formed into a bunch of shapes. Its about $7-9 a square foot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

FrEnChYII

10+ year member
Miseur French
FrEnChYII
Manistique, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date