Decent budget speakers.

Your head unit doesnt do 50 watts. More like 10-15 actual watts. Never beleive 50 watt claims on any head unit. Only head unit that actually does more than 40 is the sony MEX 100bt which specifically has a real amplifier stage built inside rather than the cheap internal amp chips that every head unit on the market uses.
What I would do is focus ONLY on the front . Anything in the rear is wasted money and screws up sound stage. However if you dont give a fk about any of that and just want something decent that works for now, then just get a coaxial drop in replacement like that rockford 6.5 and 6x9 deal that works well on head unit power and can take power later on.

When you are ready for a real front stage later, you can do it right then and just keep the rear 6x9s on head unit power and focus all the amplifier power on the front components later.

These are it.

6.5 + 6x9 speaker package
Those Rockfords were what I had in mind for now. Might even pick up the tweeters too. Then I will sink some money in when I have amp power available.

Those Rockfords were what I had in mind for now. Might even pick up the tweeters too. Then I will sink some money in when I have amp power available.
you wont need tweeters, those should be plenty bright enough. Unless you want that ear piercing treble. Head unit power is already very low, you dont want to split it up between speakers and tweeters its a recipe for distortion and low output.

you wont need tweeters, those should be plenty bright enough. Unless you want that ear piercing treble. Head unit power is already very low, you dont want to split it up between speakers and tweeters its a recipe for distortion and low output.
Will do.

If you haven't decided yet I suggest. Very solid set for the money especially powered by the 225 Orion.
https://www.amazon.com/P660C-160mm-2-way-component-system/dp/B001GKAIFU

If you're looking for mainly cheap the RF deal is hard to beat.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif
Those look great as well. And I would love to get use out of my Orion seeing as it's just sitting around.

That amp is a gem if it's the one I'm thinking about. Have you opened it up to check to see if the capacitors are leaking? That's the only bad thing about old school beauties.

That amp is a gem if it's the one I'm thinking about. Have you opened it up to check to see if the capacitors are leaking? That's the only bad thing about old school beauties.
Haven't yet. Original factory seal is still on it. It was pulled out of my cousins wrecked truck when he died and I haven't had a chance to do anything with it. Should I crack it open?

I would not recommend the JBL P660c speakers. If you search around, there have been several people that have had surround failures with these speakers. The surrounds are stiff on the edges of the set I bought and they failed within a few months.

Sd27jd6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lURIDeg.jpgthe amp itself. Not gonna crack it open right now.
Yup, very well regarded old school amp!

I would not recommend the JBL P660c speakers. If you search around, there have been several people that have had surround failures with these speakers. The surrounds are stiff on the edges of the set I bought and they failed within a few months.
Sd27jd6.jpg
I guess your mileage may vary then. I never had issues the ~2 years I ran them. 4.8 stars on sonicelectronix with 57 reviews. Must not have been a widespread issue, but definitely research before you buy. Did JBL not warranty them?

I did not try to warranty them. I read where someone else who had the problem did get theirs replaced by JBL. I wasn't that impressed with them anyway, so I replaced them with something different.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.