decent amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

drocca

Canada
i'm new to car audio i'm not looking for the top of the line system, just want something sounding good in my car. i have a panasonic head unit, sony xplode front and rear speakers, 2 10" JL subs and its all powered by a lightning audio amp. i'm looking for another amp to power my subs cuz the amp i have is too weak for the subs. i'm planning to use my lightning audio amp to power my speakers and buy another amp for the subs. i'm on a tight budget and i found a rockford fosgate 100a2 amp for a good deal. i know this isn't much power but will it be decent enough to power my subs. also another option is a alpine 100m amp. it costs more but would it be much better? or should i just run my speakers off the head unit and use my existing amp for the subs. thanks in advance.

I have the Alpine M100 amp. This amp is pushing a 12 and a 10 and i plan on hooking up 2 more subs to it. I have a friend who had the same amp hooked up to 4 Alpine 12" type "r" and won state comp off it. i cant remember the DB but it was loud, he had it hooked up in the back of his wife's civic. This amp has plenty of power and it is only 3/4 of the way up on mine. Alpine underrates their stuff just like all the good stuff. hope this helps. look on ebay for one, i found one for under $100

rockford amps rock!

that 100a2 will put out like 150 RMS CLEAN!

waht are teh specs of you sub?

let us havea little more info and we'll help ya out some mroe.

pssst... might want to look at losing those xplod seps too lol that is if you can afford it, if not, dont put too much power to them, lest they burn your car to a crisp...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.