deal with memphis4L

Participant count
  • Participant list

skittlesRgood
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
fremont, ca
i recently purchanced a RE SX 12" d2 sub from memphis4L. he asked $180 shipped. when i was ready to send money he said "oh i forgot, send $190 to cover paypal fees" another 10 bucks? fine, no big deal. took him over a week to ship it. in fact i paid for something elce on the forums and got that b4 he even shipped. he said it was BNIB. i got his SX and another one on the same day. the other one i got came in the manufatuers box. memphis4L send me a regular cardboard box, not the manufatuers box like i would expect from a BNIB listing. thats what BNIB means rite? come to find out this sub was built with new parts by teamPSI.

little upset but whatever. exept...

after i looked at them i found out they have differant voice coils! so i cant very well use both these subs together. so now i want to return the sub and get my money back.

after many frustrating messages back and forth he finaly agreed to a return BUT he wants me to send him the sub B4 he will refund me any money and he wants me to pay for shipping it back to him. and he says he will only give me $130 back to cover what he paid to ship it to me. shipping is $35 so i would be out $95 if we did it that way. i told him "HELL no" to that deal and he didnt respond.

my opinion is that he sold me something that he didnt describe correctly/fully so i shouldnt have to suffer for it. im willing to pay the shipping to get it back to him but i want my $190 back. so what do you guys think?

he lied to you that ***** he said BNIB it was not. bastard you should get full refund and tell him to pedal over and pick up his turd off your lawn. can you do a chargeback? he deserves it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.