DD vs. Fi

Really? When did that change. DD wasn't at world finals for the 4 years I went, last I heard they haven't been lately either. Unless it's some rinky dink local show in OKC I don't know what your talking bout
Tommy K was there. He runs a DD sub

Unless you meant the guys not the subs

I hate threads like these. I've ran both DD and Fi. I am a DD dealer.

The DD3500 is an amazing sub for the cost. The guys at DD are extremely helpful and if you go to any shows, you will see them supporting their customers in the lanes.

The FI BL is also a good sub, but has only a 1000rms (1500 might would be safe on it). I know people that run 3k daily to their 3500s

You know nothing about retail. DD subs are actually CHEAP compared to most any other brand that is sold in a car audio shop. We compare DDs $300 sub to most other retail brand's $600 subs. It is unfair to say Fi has a better price to performance ratio because Fi is only sold in one place and also can lower prices because they don't have any dealers to screw over. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just something that shouldn't be compared to another company that has a completely different business strategy.

Any sub can get loud. It is all about install.
I know it's install that makes or breaks a sub usually. I was just saying that the dds I have heard get pretty loud

No, not when it comes to MSRP. Believe me, I look at the price sheet everyday.
You can go wack of to your book all day long msrp is just a base price i get a bone stock 9515 for $550 and 3515 for $450

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

DD3500 > FI bl

No, not when it comes to MSRP. Believe me, I look at the price sheet everyday.

The last 4 shows I have been to I have seen Steve and a few other guys...

Scrapin the coast, siknic, etc
MSRP means nothing unless you are someone just getting into car audio and think best buy or the local shop is the only place you can buy. thats why the post prior to the one you quoted stated "if you go to a dealer you will think they are expensive"

hell even going through some dealers i still get them for a damn reasonable price. only time i use them is if i need it that day and cant wait a couple days for shipping though

You can go wack of to your book all day long msrp is just a base price i get a bone stock 9515 for $550 and 3515 for $450
EXACTLY! I was using MSRP as a base price. You're a smart one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

MSRP means nothing unless you are someone just getting into car audio and think best buy or the local shop is the only place you can buy.
MSRP has nothing to do with that lol. As stated earlier, it is just a base price. When you have dealers, you need a base price.

And a local shop is a great place to get audio equipment. The trick is choosing the right shop.

Yeah, I sell them close to that too.

Around here, there isn't much demand for 3500s, so we cut deals where we can when someone gets serious about it.

Even though DD kicks ass, I'd go with the Fi fully loaded BL's...

Reasons: Fi BL's are cheaper, better suited for the power you're pushing, will get loud in the right enclosure.

If you have the money and don't GAF, then get the DD's...either way you'll be happy.

how about hitting lows? obviously it is install and tuning, ,but i want to really hit lows, the kind u hear blocks away inside a store or restuarant. just earth shattering **** lol

R dd's known for this? im kinda in the same boat, i want to run two DD 2515's off a Sundown SAZ 2000d.

BTW i live in cola sc, no dealers anywhere close. who would i order from?

how about hitting lows? obviously it is install and tuning, ,but i want to really hit lows, the kind u hear blocks away inside a store or restuarant. just earth shattering **** lol
R dd's known for this? im kinda in the same boat, i want to run two DD 2515's off a Sundown SAZ 2000d.

BTW i live in cola sc, no dealers anywhere close. who would i order from?
call DD and if there isnt 1 within like 50 miles i think they will let u buy from them

would the brutus 2100 be a good amp to run to two of either of these?

Im looking at the exact same set up. 2 3500's 12"s or 2 bl 12"s

Also which one is going to last longer?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hockeytoker

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
hockeytoker
Highlands Ranch, CO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date